Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dreams are my reality

In the afternoon, some films of the participants have been presented at the Cultural Center of the city, a building under the influence of Frank Gehry. Iris' documentary, Summer Child, whose action takes place both in Russia and Finland, gets its first Russian audience. An interesting Q&A follows the screening of the films.

Iris' group (with Natasha and Dimitris) is hardly seeking for dreams of train passengers since we left Moscow. Below are interesting samples of dreams collected on the Trans-Siberian. Sweet dreams!

“Once I had a dream about Heaven's Jerusalem. It is written in the bible that everything is gonna be made of gold in heaven. I had this dream that everything around was so golden and beautiful. God was riding a coach led by horses, but I haven’t seen God himself. And there was a merry round there as well. It was so beautiful, so romantic.”

“I was walking around. And my ex-boss was there as well. We had a conversation. I don’t remember what it was about. But he was standing, his body naked just covered by a fur coat.”

“A bad dream happened to my son a year ago. He waked up and told me: 'Mama, I really had a bad dream'. Like there was a river and he was inside. The river was taking him away. I told him: 'Lesha, you should not watch all these soap operas and video games. That’s why you are having these kinds of dreams.”

“Dreams, you know by yourself. The nice ones, you forget them quickly; but the weird ones, they stay. It is a very weird dream I have lately. Do you know this singer, Aziza? I never met her in my life. But I had a dream that I had sex with her. Imagine! What is it for? She came on my car in a dream. Why Aziza? I am not a fan of her, never listened to her music. We were talking, and she said: 'I want you to be mine'.”

“I came there incognito, knocked on the door. In the place I was living before. And my ex-wife was there. She was not glad to see me. First thing she said was not hello. She said: 'Denis, you are older now.' I replied: 'I agree, let me see my son'.
I was looking for a woman to love. And I found her. I thought that it was everything for me. Eight years together and after that, in a moment, we hated each other. I know that everybody was jealous of our love. All my friends were. But what did it lead to? I am almost thirty. And you know, now I am like a fire, I get angry very quickly. I am angry when I take the tramway and somebody hits me with his shoulder. Do you believe me? I want to strangle him. He or she, it doesn’t matter.”

2 comments:

Galilea Galilei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galilea Galilei said...

"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives"
-William Dement-